Sterling Awards 2018: 20 Most Influential Women of West Tennessee
Outstanding Woman Military Veteran Award
Sue Shelton White Award
The Sterling Awards 2018: 20 Most Influential Women of West Tennessee, Outstanding Woman Military Veteran Award and Sue Shelton White Award were created by the Jackson Area Business and Professional Women and The Jackson Sun to honor those women in the West Tennessee area who have achieved a significant level of success.
- Nominee lives or works in West Tennessee outside Shelby County.
- Nominee is a leader in business or her profession.
- Nominee serves as a role model to other women in her profession and community.
- Nominee displays creativity and innovation and contributes these talents to the growth of her profession.
- Nominee contributes time and energy to community betterment.
Nomination forms are due: By noon, Thursday, Feb. 8, 2018.
The Board of Selectors chooses winners: Thursday, Feb. 8, 2018.
Winners will be notified: Friday-Saturday, Feb. 9-10, 2018.
Winners bios are due by noon on Friday, Feb. 16; will be sent to winners for their approval for magazine on Friday, Feb. 23; submitted for the Sterling Awards magazine on Monday, March 5.
Winners’ photographs will be taken: Sunday, March 11, from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Memorial Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 1573 N Highland Ave, Jackson, TN 38301. The Memorial Hall is the large white columned 1920s’ era home next to the church. Winners will be honored in the Sterling Awards magazine produced by The Jackson Sun.
Mail to: Middlebrooks & Gray, c/o Jackson Area BPW, P.O. Box 1985, Jackson, TN. 38302. Or drop by: 1651 Hollywood Drive, Jackson.
Save the date for you and your guests to attend the Sterling Awards 2018 awards ceremony and reception honoring 20 Most Influential Women of West Tennessee on Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 6 p.m. at The J. Walter Barnes Conference Center in Jackson-Madison County General Hospital in Jackson. No reserved seats. Arrive early as there is usually a full audience.
Sterling Awards 2018 Application
Please check the category that best describes the area of business for the nominee:
___ Government and Public Service
___ Small Business/Entrepreneur
___ Business and Technology
___ Service (community, non-profit)
___ Other ______________________________
____Yes. Retired Military Veteran. Please consider for Outstanding Woman Military Veteran Award.
____Yes. Female attorney. Please consider for Sue Shelton White Award. A community activist who has worked to create or change legislation to improve the lives of women and children in Tennessee.
Note: These categories are provided to indicate that the nominees reflect a wide range of careers and skills. Awards will not be given in each category.
Nominee’s Name: ______________________________________________
Company: ____________________________ Title: _____________________________
Business Address: ____________________________________________
Home Address: ________________________________________________
Home Phone: ______________ Business Phone: _____________ Cell:_____________
Email Address: ____________________________________________________
Submitted By: _____________________________________________________
Home Phone: _______________ Business Phone: _____________Cell:_____________
Email Address: ___________________________________________________
- Using the above criteria, please attach a 1-page detailed summary stating why this woman is deserving of the Sterling Awards 2018.
- If available, please attach a current resume (2 page maximum) for the nominee.
- Personal letters recommending the nominee enhance the nominee’s opportunity for selection by highlighting something special you know about this person, above and beyond the resume.